Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Made Me Exhausted

I thought it would be fun to write a quick recap of my 2008 events. To me, 2008 seemed like a super loooong year. Maybe it was all that happened. So here is my list of my 2008 highlights.

January- Brock and I went to the Amazon.com Post Holiday Party. We met the lead singer of the Presidents of the United States of America. He drives a beat up station wagon. At the same party, I got to see one of the seven handmade J.K. Rowling's The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

February- I meet Ryan Cabrera at Amazon.com. He sang Layla by Eric Clapton to me and posed for a photo. His hair was super gross and greasy.

March- Brock practiced like a mad man to play in a band at the church's sock hop. Home boy was hotttt.

April- One night I asked the Lord casually if he could make it possible for us to move since the majority of my church friends were moving. Two days later, Meebo called Brock up to see if he was interested in an interview. They offered him a job and for the next month I lost much needed sleep trying to make a decision. I have never pleaded so much with the Lord in making a decision. Lesson learned, be careful what you ask for...

May- Brock accepted the third offer from Meebo and we told all of our friends and employers that we were moving to California. I turned 24 and Brock took me to Victoria, B.C. It was the most dreamy vacation. I loved every minute of it.

June- I lived on my own in Seattle for about 3 weeks and Brock lived it up as a married/single lad in the great state of California. He eventually had enough of that life style and moved me out to California. I cried my eyes out as we drove away from our first home. It was bitter sweet, but I knew that there would be so much more ahead of us.

July- I rode a roller coaster for the first time and decided that I am a real wimp. It wasn't even that bad of a roller coaster and I hated every single minute of it. I also became an addict to California beaches. Pretty amazing views.

August- Brock turned 26 and we celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. For Brock's birthday we saw Radiohead-the most amazing concert I have ever been to. I got called to serve with the youth at church and Brock got a calling as the Ward Assistant Membership Clerk.

September- Brock and I headed out to Seattle to set up our house for our renters. We made a pit stop at Forks, WA (home of the Twilight Saga) and rocked out at a Beck concert.

October- I almost burned the house down with our 25+ year old microwave. We got a cool new microwave and I got a part time job at Meebo. The bro-in-law came to visit with his lovely girlfriend (I have a blog to write about that).

November- Probably the most awful and most significant month for me. I became a vegetarian, voted for our new president and I had a cousin pass away. I made note of all of my blessings and realized that life is quite indeed incredible.

December- I gave my sister-in-law an amazing bridal shower; I really love throwing parties. She got married and was ridiculously gorgeous. I made flower arrangements for her into the wee hours of the morning. Her wedding was brilliant (pictures and details to come!) and I do have to say that Brock and I were quite the dashing couple (I know I'm conceited). I became best friends with the youngest sister-in-law, she was glued to my hip and I already miss the little lady. My mom sold her house in LA and a good friend of mine is pregnant with twins. December was stressful, but it sure made me smile.

I'm dying to see what 2009 has to offer!

5 Grass Lovers:

Diana said...

wow! i loved reading that recap. You also made me realize how fast the year has gone. For most of the year, i have lived in Seattle. I still feel like I haven't been here for very long, but your post made me realize I've been here *forever.

*exaggeration

ps--You prayed to move? That is new news.

pps-you forgot to mention in March: My coolest in law cousins, not blood related, 'something or others' relatives moved to Seattle because we LOVE you guys!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I love the year recaps -- they are awesome to look back at, eh?

Brock said...

Phew! Great job!

It sounds like we had more fun in 08 than in any other year thus far (although 07 was awesome I think).

Christine said...

I love the boardwalk in Santa Cruz! So the Giant Dipper was your first roller coaster ride? Small world. Hope you'll find time to hang out a little when I come home to visit in May. Happy new year!

Livi said...

What a cool way to recap the year. Go you!