Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Heart Ryan Cabrera

I love working for Amazon.com. There are so many exciting things about this company. One of my favorite things is the fishbowl. Every once in awhile they bring in singers, actors, authors, etc to talk to us and promote their work. Last week one of my teen heart throbs Ryan Cabrera came and promoted his new album "The Moon Under Water". I was soo excited and was gitey as a school girl. PEOPLE he sat right in front of me while the lady was introducing him. I could have reached out and touched him! He played a couple of songs from his new album and some of his old work.
Ryan played this new song from his album called "Enemies." Apparently he wrote the song about a girl that he used to date. This girl cheated on him and the only reason why he stayed with her is to cheat on her. He had to say this about the song "so if you cheat on me, I'll write a song about you...Cheater! Well I want to call her something else..." I wonder who he was talking about...

After he was done, we got to meet him , get an autograph picture, and take pictures with him. I have to say he is really nice. When it was my turn to meet him, he asked me what my name was and when I said Layla, he started to sing "Layla" by Eric Clapton. I thought it was pretty awesome.


It was the best Monday I have ever had! I mean how many people can say they meet a celebrity at work?

2 Grass Lovers:

Teresa said...

That is quite an experience! Awesome!

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Holy crap! I'm so jealous!