Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This is the First Day of My Life

Well actually yesterday was but I was asleep all day so you get the picture. I got the title of my blog from this song. Very catchy.
We have officially moved to Foster City, Ca. It's a cute little town right outside of the city that stole my heart the first time I visited (San Francisco). I absolutely love Foster City and I am excited to be here. Our condo on the other hand is a different story. It smells of curry and has popcorn ceilings. I will get used to it. Besides who says I have to live here forever?
I miss my home in Seattle. I cried as I sat in the living room looking at all the empty walls while all the memories we made in that house flooded through my mind. I keep telling myself though, it's still your house and it will be until you sell it. It's like I'm off on a vacation for a really long time.
I find it really ironic how things seem to work out in my life. We moved to Ca one year to the day that we moved into our cute little house in Seattle. That day was the first day of my new life, just like today is the first day of my new life. I think back to all the first days of my life and it brings a smile to my face. Graduating High School, starting at BYU, getting married, graduating from BYU, landing my first job, and moving to the big city were all first days of my life. I look forward to the future and what it has to offer. I know there will be heartache and happiness, and I am eager to experience it all. After all life is a roller coaster and I never know when the next "first day of my life" will be.

6 Grass Lovers:

Teresa said...

Layla you have accomplished so very much, you should be so proud of yourself. Way to be a grown up!

Diana said...

How exciting! I hope to see pictures. I am sorry that we didn't come by on Saturday. I should've called or something. So, are you planning on finding a job at Meebo as well? lol.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Foster City! You will love this beautiful town on the water. You can hike or bike on the bay trail and enjoy the many waterfront parks that we have. The July 4th fire work over the water lagoon of Foster City is the most spectacular of the bay area.

Nancy said...

What a great way of looking at things :)

Congratulations on the move! We're all excited for you guys--what an opportunity!

I miss you at the family gatherings though...with you and Diana both gone, I feel like I'm the only outsider :)

Unknown said...

It must have been so hard to leave Seattle, but I'm glad you are happy to be in California. Can't wait to see pictures.

Brook said...

What are you guys doing in CA? I'm excited you'll be so close! Not that L.A. is that close to San Fran, but we have family in that area so should be up there often. KIT!