Saturday, November 01, 2008

News and Such

Several topic of business I want to share with you. Really it's not that big of a deal, but I want my readers to hold me accountable and to understand what I'm up to for the month of November.

1. Starting today 11/1/08, I'm going to try out the vegetarian diet for a month-maybe longer. Yes you read that right. No, I'm not crazy or stupid (OK maybe just a little). Do you see me calling you nuts-o for eating meat??? =) I'm going to list the reasons why I want to do this:

  • It's a challenge. I'm always up for a challenge.
  • I feel that it will help me lose that last 5 pounds that I want to lose.
  • I'm going home for Christmas and wanna be smokin' hott.
There are my reasons. I'll keep you briefly posted on my progress.

2. I've never been a fan of the month of November. I think it's kinda of an awkward month. You know how you like some things better than others? Well I like May a whole lot better than November. SO, with that being said, I want to make November a special month. Everyday for the next month I will feature something or someone that has made a difference in my life or that I am thankful for. I will post other things like the A-Z adventures or whatever. So if you are sick of reading about me gushing about why I'm thankful for something, I'm giving you options to read my other posts. Why you might ask that I'm writing posts about being thankful and all? It all started with this lovely quote:

"I believe in the principle that I can make a difference in this world, be it ever so small."-Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley.

I truly believe that the people or things I'm going to post about have made a difference in my little world. Stay tuned, it will be good.

2 Grass Lovers:

ixoj said...

Does this mean you're going to forgo the turkey for Thanksgiving?!

Layla said...

Oh yes! I'm not having Thanksgiving dinner any ways! We are not going to be with family so we might eat bean burritos instead...