Monday, September 21, 2009

The Best Summer Ever!

I think it is pretty safe to say that Summer is almost over? It is September 21 after all. I had the best summer. It couldn't have been any better.

Let's recap:


I went to two music festivals.

I saw a total of 20 bands which included Katy Perry,Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Black Eyed Peas and Modest Mouse.

Sorry for the crappy photo. Franz Ferdinand was so awesome though!

My favorite band that I saw was Franz Ferdinand. They are Scottish. Swoon


I went on one road trip and visited a tropical island.

I saw my dad, his wife and children for the first time in two years.

I picked up my kid brother from the airport after he had returned home from serving in the England London Mission for two years. He grew up a lot.

I bought over ten sun dresses and spent a good amount of time at H&M.


I got sunburned twice. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die of skin cancer. Just kidding. No really.

I lost a total of 8 pounds and gained 6 of them back. I'm awesome like that. It was Hawaii. They have good food in Hawaii. Maybe I am just a yoyo dieter?

We bought a pimpin' car. Actually it is more like a soccer mom's car. I'm not ashamed.


I got my trash kicked at my first time ever spinning class and learned that I am a white girl at a dance class. I will be attending both for the rest of the year until I can spin like a champ and dance like I'm NOT a white girl. It will be awesome.

We went camping. It rained and our tent got flooded. We slept in our pimpin' car with the seat warmers on. So classy.

I made risotto. My life is now complete.

Things to look forward to:

Paris and London. Nuff said.

In laws coming to town. Like the day I get back from Paris.

I can make stuff with pumpkin in it. I've got a crush on all things pumpkin.

Dine around Seattle is coming back in November!  Hip hip hooray! Yay for yummy food.

5 Grass Lovers:

Chris and Jonette said...

It does sound like you had a good summer. I'm glad that you still enjoyed the camping trip. Also, the Dine Around Seattle looks pretty darn good. We may need to organize a big group outing...

Bronwyn James said...

Wow, I can't compete with that. And I love sundresses! I'm pregnant again so once again I'll be putting off the buying of any clothes until my body is back to normal. Kids. :)

ixoj said...

1- I recently discovered Franz Ferdinand. Hurrah!

2- I think we should see poses of you in all 10 sun dresses.

3- Will you teach me how to dance not like a white girl once you learn how? I'm in desperate need (Irish dance tends to bring out all the...whiteness in my dancind abilities)

Adam and Terese said...

What a fun summer! It was good seeing you a few weeks ago! I can't wait to hear about Paris!

Nicci said...

Your summer sounds SO fun. The life I'd like! Paris, London, Hawaii?! Amazing. You jet-setters!