Friday, July 29, 2011

Urban visit


My 14 year old sister-in-law is in town for the week and it has been such a delight to have her around. She's vibrant, energetic, and has become an incredible young lady. I adore her.

A couple of months back she mentioned to her parents that she would like to visit us sometime because she really doesn't know us that well. CB left home when she was three years old and since that point the interactions have been brief. So the idea of her coming out was proposed to us and we fixed our schedule, tickets were bought, and she arrived on Tuesday evening.

This is her first time ever in Seattle and she is completely blown away with it. She has said over and over, "You have so much to do here!" and "I'm coming here every year, I love this place! I want to move here and go to college." Yes! I knew it wouldn't be that hard to convince her that Seattle is pretty awesome.

Since she has arrived, it has been jammed packed with visits to local spots, shopping galore, and eating at all of our favorite spots. She willingly tries everything we put in front of her and not once has she expressed that she hasn't liked it. Indian, Pho, French macaroons, mochi ,roasted sea weed, and the list goes on. I have yet to cook this week and next week I'll be cooking a health craze storm to make up for it.

Last night instead of playing the typical board game we decided to play an alcohol free drinking game (with Mountain Dew!) while we watched Law and Order. It was pretty epic and I am done with Mountain Dew for a very very long time.

This weekend we have plans to go to Vancouver and blow her socks off with that city. I am so excited!

1 Grass Lovers:

Pretty Zesty said...

That's so great that she enjoyed herself so much! I've never been to Seattle but I have heard GREAT things!