Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Bundt cake goodness

For my 40's party, I want it to be as authentic as possible, straight down to the food. I knew that for my birthday cake, I wanted a Bundt cake but coming up with the perfect recipe was an issue. That quickly changed when my baker goddess friend, J. introduced me to her favorite Bundt cake recipe. You guys this cake is to die for. It is so plain and simple, but it is one of the most divine cakes I have ever made. You have to try it!


Cream-Cheese Pound Cakes
Adapted from Martha Stewart

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
2 1/2 cups sugar
6 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
Nonstick cooking spray

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, beat until light and fluffy, about 5 min. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. With mixer on low, add flour and salt in two additions, beating until just combined.
2. Generously coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray; immediately pour in batter. Tap pan on work surface to eliminate any large air bubbles.
3. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out almost clean, 65-75 minutes.
4. Cool 10 minutes in the pan. Turn out the cake, cool completely on a wire rack.  The cake is best made at least a day before serving.

Variations:
You can also make this in two 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-by-2 1/2 inch loaf pans. Reduce baking time by five minutes.

**Oh geez! That picture is so blurry. I hang my head in shame! It's the only one that I took of that stupid cake. Forgive me??

4 Grass Lovers:

Lindsey Walker said...

Loved your party, by the way! Hope you had a great birthday. I think I will make that cake on Sunday, it looks divine.

Pretty Zesty said...

Yum! I think of that scene in My Big Fat Greek Wedding whenever someone mentions this cake. haha

Stop by because I've got the scoop on a giveaway trip to Holland!

Bronwyn James said...

I just emailed this recipe to myself so I can make it next time I need pound cake. Which may even be tomorrow. You never know. Thanks for sharing!

The Dennett's said...

yummy! by the way, I was looking through your recent posts and I just have to tell you that I LOVE Buster! haha...he is what makes AR funny.