Saturday, May 21, 2011

40's Love





I am obsessed with the 40's, oh such glorious hair! For my birthday, I threw a 1940's themed cocktail party. We listend to big band music, sipped on mocktails, and played poker.

Everyone came dressed in era clothing and the ladies sported the hair that I adore along with bold red lipstick, of course. The Cute Boy was ever so handsome. I'm going to try to convince him to dress like that all the time.

It was a delicious birthday! I want to throw cocktail  mocktail parties all the time now! Next up a 50's themed party? Who wants to come?

8 Grass Lovers:

ixoj said...

Happy belated birthday! I love your party! You look fantastic in your 40s get-up. :)

Aethan Electronics said...

We'll be there!

Diana said...

I'm so sorry I didn't make it. Kind of a rough evening for us. I would've been a bum and not dressed up though--I'm never good at stuff like that.
Your decor looked fabulous!

Anne said...

This is TOO adorable! I hope you had a wonderful time!

Chris and Jonette said...

I loved the party! I am totally in for more mocktail parties. We should rotate the locations as well. Thanks for a great time!

Judi Judkins said...

You both look fabulous!! Looks like you had a great time....happy birthday again. Glad to see you are obviously feeling much better.
Love you both.

capturingtheride said...

Your poms turned out awesome - but I think the birthday girl really stole the show - ka zam! Your get-up is adorable and you look stunning!

TOTALLY sorry again we missed out on the fun! Maybe next time we come visit you I'll make Sawyer wear his newsboy cap :)

Party on, pretty girl!

Taylor Ann said...

I LOVE the 40s! The Great Gatsby themed preference dance at our school was the best idea anyone ever had ;) Loving the lipstick and dressup, you look darling.