Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Rockin' Out Tuesday-Sigur Ros

I remember the feeling that I had the first time I heard one of Sigur Ros' songs. I was completely floored with the beauty of it. I think I may have teared up a bit.

Sigur Ros is a band from the magical county of Iceland and all of their songs are sung in Icelandic. While I don't understand a thing they are saying, it still doesn't change how I feel about them.

Almost two years ago I flew with Icelandic Air when I went to Europe and their music of choice was Sigur Ros. You could clearly tell that Iceland was proud of their native band.

When I asked The Cute Boy what his favorite Sigur Ros song was, he told me that it would have to be this one.

There are so many of their songs that I adore and I narrowed it down to two. I love this one (Hoppipolla)  not only for the beautiful music, but also for the fun video that comes with it. I love old people. (sorry embedding is not allowed, click over to see it. So worth it!)

My other favorite is Glosoli, a truly beautiful song with such a magical video to go along with it.



Cute Boy, let's move to Iceland?

1 Grass Lovers:

Myrna said...

I totally loved Iceland--but I went there in June, when it was light pretty much all the time. Not so sure I would feel the same in December, when it would be cold and dark pretty much all the time. So much music is happening there! And the running hot water without needing a hot water tank! That is fabulous!