Monday, October 26, 2009

Things I've Learned in Europe



I really loved England more than France.

Europe makes you lose weight magically. Not even joking about this one.

Chocolate in the USA sucks. I will never eat it again.

I love crepes. yes yes I do.

Paris smells like pee. It's because everyone pees wherever they want.



I love art more than I thought I did.

I fell in love with myself. It's really hard for me to love myself. This was huge.

The Eiffel Tower was magical.


I'm not ready to have children. I'll give it another two years. Err maybe four.  I'm going to be such a hot mom though.

French people are beautiful.



Carina P. has a dreamy voice. 

I'm way too hard on myself. The people I hung out with made me feel like a million bucks. It's true, I'm pretty rad.

Elder Maxwell's grandson looks exactly like him.



Doree H. and I are like blood sisters after this trip. She is pretty incredible.


The London Temple is the most beautiful place I have ever been to. 

The Evans family is exactly what I want my family to be like.

Iceland is a wonderland.


I never thought I would love seeing a ballet.

Rob T. is quite the charmer, he's 18 and can charm the heck out of anyone.



I really really love my family. I'm so lucky to have them.

Being honest is the best trait you can have. Thanks Simon for teaching me that.

My French sucks, but knowing Arabic saved me.

French food is bliss.


I'm still a rebel and wanted to protest with every protest I saw.

Versailles was the most grand place I have ever been to. I would have been mad too if I had lived in that era.


Making a baby potty in the toilet was pretty entertaining.

I look hot in sequins. Proof to come.

My husband means the world to me.

I can't wait to go back soon!

10 Grass Lovers:

ixoj said...

1. You really are totally awesome.
2. And you'll be a super hot mom.
3. And you're beautiful. Did I mention that?
4. Crepes should be eaten as often as possible.
5. I can't wait to see you in sequins.

Myrna said...

1. We have been wondering for years what Americans see (taste?) in that waxy excuse-for-the-real-thing they call chocolate. Welcome to the Canadian/European chocolate reality.

2. Didn't I tell you Iceland was a cool place? (No pun intended!)

3. I am totally jealous. France and England! Two places I always wanted to visit but never have!

4. I am glad you learned to love yourself, because everyone else already does!

Diana said...

Your "Dreamer" tone has definitely come out in this post. You make everyone and everything seem like the grandest thing. You live the grandest life.
But, I like reading all about it.
I'm glad we're back to Layla posts. No one says it quite like you.

Lanea and Shayna. said...

Great post.I definitely agree that european chocolate is better! I love Galaxy! & sequins? ooh la la :)

Diana said...

Oh, and by the way--I'll eat all the American chocolate you decide you don't want.

Gabrielle Valentine said...

I'm SO happy for you! Some of these things sound like personal epiphanies, which is great. Anything to help us overcome one thing or another is good and it sounds like Europe did that a bit for you?
Sequins! You'll have to share, soon!
I'm glad you are not pressuring yourself on the whole baby thing - or letting anyone pressure you - it will happen when it happens.

Anonymous said...

Europe would be interesting. Take me with you next time. HA. But as for chocolate, I make my own fudge and it's the best damned chocolate fudge around! Smooth as silk and just as creamy rich. And I make my own art, so I don't need Europe for that, either. But it would be fun. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I'm jealous! But I might skip Paris after reading your review.;)

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Glad you had such a great time! So jealous! I did a study abroad in London so I'm a little partial, but I'm really glad you liked it. Welcome back!

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a great time. I'm in love with crepes too. They are my favorite treat whenever we go somewhere. And yes, I have no problem spending $5 or more for a crepe with plain sugar - Jason thinks I'm nuts.

Livi said...

Europe really DOES make you lose weight magically - its a true fact!! so glad you had a nice time :)