Sunday, June 20, 2010

Put the lime in the coconut

Confession: I am crazy over limes. Really crazy. I'm going on month number two here. If it calls for limes, I will be trying it.

Tonight we went over to a friend's house for games and dessert. I did a quick search for a lime based treat and landed on my new favorite cookie.

You guys are so lucky because I am sharing this gem of a recipe with ya! I promise you will die over it.

Coconut Lime Chewy Sugar Cookies

Recipe from Rock Recipes.

Ingredients:

2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Zest of one large lime, finely minced
3 tbsp lime juice
½ cup unsweetened toasted coconut
1/2 cup sugar for rolling cookies

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

3. Using a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and very fluffy.

4. Beat in egg, vanilla extract, lime juice and lime zest.

5. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients and toasted coconut.

6. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and roll in sugar. Place on lined cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart.

7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.

8. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks. 

And now I have this song stuck in my head.

3 Grass Lovers:

Barry C. Parsons said...

Hey Layla,
Barry from Rock Recipes here. Hello to America's west coast from Canada's far east coast!

So glad you're enjoying my recipe invention. Lime is my favorite too and these cookies are wicked! I'm glas my local bakery doesn't make these or I would be there every day.

Thanks for reading my blog. I'm gonna take a browse through yours now.

Diana said...

Michael saw your little square profile pic as I read this post and exclaimed, "EE-LA!"

Livi said...

i am a lemon/lime girl myself!

samandlivi.blogspot.com