Monday, June 21, 2010

Twenty two

 Don't we look so much alike?

Dear little brother,

Today you are twenty two! Huzzah! Can it even be possible? Yes, yes.

I spent my twenty second birthday with you, mom, and the Cute Boy. I can remember it pretty well too. I had just graduated from BYU and thought that the sun shined out of my you know what. I was a complete brat. I made sure that everyone knew it was my birthday and everyone better dang well do what I wanted. And you did. You, along with everyone else made me feel like a million bucks. Oh man do you have some serious patience!

I remember the day you were born. I ran to the nursery and smashed my four year old face to the window trying to figure out which one was my new sibling. I picked out your name and called you that from the very beginning (when I found out I was going to have a new brother!). There was the huge debate of 1988 on what your name was going to really be and for 3 days you were Baby Al-Jamal cause our parents could not decide.  I just kept calling you the name I picked out and it stuck, they named you that. All was well in my four year old world.

We have had our ups and down, but you have always been a favorite of mine. You are charming, kind and the only one in the universe who seems to knock any sense in my rock hard brain. You are pretty awesome like that.

Any ways on your birthday, I just wanted you to  know how much I love you. You are pretty special and between you and the Cute Boy, I am dang lucky in the BFF department. 

I am so proud of you! You have accomplished so much in your life and you're only twenty two!  I admire your strength, determination, kindness, and sincerity.

Hope that you had an incredible birthday!

With Love,

LJ
xoxox

1 Grass Lovers:

Anonymous said...

He is pretty awesome if I do say so. You four kids are the best gift God ever gave me. I just can't believe he is 22 years old and totally rocks. Thinks for being such a great sister to him.