Wednesday, May 05, 2010
Things that make me happy, in no particular order:
* When it's the middle of the night, and my husband reaches out a foot to find one of my feet.
* Surprises (happy ones, like presents or good news).
* Finding that absolutely perfect gift for my husband that he's not expecting. Then seeing the happy surprised look on his face when he opens it.
* Learning something new. Especially if it's with a friend.
* Friends inviting me to hang out with them.
* Playing boardgames with my husband.
* Watching a movie while I'm ironing and my husband is painting.
* Going to the temple. Especially when we're not rushed to get there.
* Ice cream after going to the temple.
* Feeling loved by the young women I work with at church.
* A workout that kicks my trash and makes me feel strong.
* Long walks with my husband.
* Making the rounds at second-hand stores with my husband to look for boardgames.
* Having lots of people come over for a game night.
* The beauty of nature.
* Feeling comfortable hanging out with my husband's family.
* Accomplishing a goal.
* Talking about the gospel with people.
* Seeing old friends.
* Curling up on the couch with a good book.
* When I'm not feeling well and my husband comes in to check in on me and make sure I'm okay.
* Helping people.
* Getting a random compliment from a complete stranger.
* Hugs and cuddles from my husband.
* Feeling appreciated.
* Living next to a large body of water.
* Bike rides along the Columbia River in the Tri-Cities.
* The smell of grapes on the vine in the fall.
* Being able to make someone laugh.
* Wearing the perfect outfit that makes me feel like a million bucks.
* Feeling cozy.
* Soft, plush blankets.
* Finding great deals.
* When my husband makes me laugh.
* Playing piano.
* Satsuma oranges.
* Baking something yummy.
When Z and I hang out, we always seem to find ourselves in some sort of crazy situation. Never a dull moment when you have both of us in a room together. Like once, we took an embroidery class together and I had a particularly hard time keeping up with the stitches (embroidery is harder than you think people). I also had a lot on my mind about certain decisions and trials that the hubs and I were facing. After the class I was telling Z about the things on my mind and started to burst in to tears. The teacher past by, stopped and turned around and gave me a hug while telling me that I will soon learn the stitches. Awkward. Haha! That moment turned my tears into laughter.
The trait that I love the most about Z is that she is the go to friend when you need to share good news or sorrows. If you need a listening ear she will give it to you. If you need a hug, she is right there. If you especially need a candy bar, no worries, she has you covered. She is warm and loving and always makes you feel like a million bucks!
P.S. I am in love with these happy lists! You guys have so much to share that makes you happy. Keep them coming!