Monday, April 19, 2010

A Celeberity Encounter = Semi Fail

On Saturday, a couple of friends and I headed up to Lake Forest Park to meet a favorite blogger-The Pioneer Woman. 


We waited around for five hours to meet the lovely lady and have our cookbooks signed. The five hours were totally worth it, I got to spend time with some of my favorite ladies and I meet the Pioneer Woman. Yup, totally worth it.

The best part of the wait was seeing her daughter walk around the food court and me being a total dork and announcing every time I saw her to my table "YOU GUYS! THERE IS HER DAUGHTER! OH. MY. GOSH. HER DAUGHTER!" Yes, total dork.

Finally it was our turn to get in line to meet her. There was a whole group of girls ahead of us and they were totally gaga over her. Gushing over and over about how much they loved her. The Pioneer Woman was super laid back and so graceful. She would say things like "Oh no need to be nervous, I'm nobody." or "I'm really not that great, I'm just Ree."  Once the group of girls ahead of us were about to leave, she said to them "Thanks girls for waiting so long and coming to see me." They all replied by saying " Oh you are so worth it."

It was our turn to go up, and The Pioneer Woman looked at both my friend and I and said " Wait one second girls, I'll be right back."

For some unknown reason I looked her straight in the eye and said "Well, you better hurry!"  She laughed it off, but as soon as it came out of my mouth I felt like a complete jerk. AHH I can not believe I told her that!

She signed our books, posed with us in pictures and was really a delightful lady to meet.


As we were leaving, she tells us the same thing she told the previous group of girls. My friend Z wanted to respond by saying "Oh you're worth it," but as she started to say "Oh you're.." she remembered what the previous group had said and the Pioneer Woman's response. Z then waited for a solid 10 seconds to end her sentence by saying "welcome."

The lesson to be learned here is that we both need some serious prep work before we meet another celebrity. Yup we are so classy.

3 Grass Lovers:

Unknown said...

Layla + Z = fine examples of refined social prowess. Our collective charisma and charm is overwhelming!

Lucy van Pelt said...

Awesome! I love that story. At least you didn't have the camera fail I had and make the whole line wait extra. Oh -- I made you wait longer! Sorry!

Holly said...

That is so funny! I would do the same thing I'm sure. When I get nervous I have no clue what is coming out of my mouth!