Sunday, May 02, 2010

Happiness is Contagious

In less than 8 days I will be turning the ripe age of 26. Turning that age has made me a bit nervous but I am really excited to welcome it with open arms. In honor of my upcoming birthday I want to celebrate! And I want your help to celebrate.  I've read her happy list and one of  my old roommates hosted happy lists on her blog and I loved reading them. I am a sucker for lists...especially happy lists!

So in honor of my birthday I want you to send me your happy list. Anything that makes you happy and giddy, I want to know about it. I will post your list here on The Grass is Greener and on my birthday I will be giving away this lovely flower hair clip/pendant made especially by yours truly! If you are a guy and flowers are not your fancy, I will send you something from my happy list. What do you think? You know you want to do it! Send your lists to layla12(at)gmail(dot)com. I can't wait to read them!


Things that Make me Incredibly Happy:

  • The Hot Guy I married
  • Seattle Chocolates
  • My red KitchenAid
  • Twirly skirts
  • Serving 
  • Sunny days
  • Paris and London
  • Girl's night. I love hanging out with just the ladies!
  • High heels 
  • Temples
  • Babies! 
  • Puppies! I really really want one :)
  • Making something cool on my sewing machine
  • Runner's high
  • Diet Coke (although I haven't had one in a loooooooooong time!)
  • Feathered headbands
  • Watching Hulu with the Cute Boy every night
  • Flora da Explorer 
  • Cooking 
  • Tulips and Gerbera Daisies 
  • Relief Society 
  • Dance parties
  • Living in Seattle...I'm so lucky! 
  • Shopping at the farmer's market
  • Quilts
  • Spin classes
  • Water balloon fights
  • My awesome engagement ring that was custom made for me!
  • Listening to Brock play the guitar
  • Ben and Jerry's 
  • The Book of Mormon
  • Trophy Cupcakes 
  • New episodes of The Office, Lost, Fringe, Chuck, 30 Rock...man I watch way too much TV!
  • Finding a good book to read
  • Hot pink nail polish
  • My red scarf 
  • Owls
P.S. The winner of this giveaway will get the chance to choose what color they want the flower to be. The winner will  be chosen by using random.org. YAY for happiness!

5 Grass Lovers:

Gabrielle Valentine said...

I love this, Layla! I'll send you my list, soon. Happy Birthday!
Love Gabby

The Dennett's said...

I love your list of happiness! so many good things. I also watch way too much tv....and I just made J watch Age of Innocence with me on hulu, lol. I shall try to send you a list soon! Hope you have a fun & special birthday!

Megan said...

Happy upcoming Birthday!!! I love happy lists too! I kept one on our adoption blog to help me not focus too much on what wasn't making me happy. It only shows, I think, 10 items at a time, but there are a lot on the actual list. I will send it to you.

Lucy van Pelt said...

I made a happy list on my blog. It seemed like such a good idea, I just couldn't resist.
http://lucyvpelt.blogspot.com/2010/05/catching-some-hapiness.html

Judi Judkins said...

Things that make me really happy- Judi

1. Walking along a beach
2. Swimming in warm ocean water
3. Spending all day in shorts and flip flops, perferably near a beach :)
4. The anticipation of seeing any of my children who live far away and now my grandson.
5. Spending time with my husband on motorcycles
6. Running long runs on a cool breezy day along the river
7. Planning for and preparing for a big run event
8. Testimony meetings
9. General Conference
10. Understanding how the scriptures pertain to me
11. Spending time alone with my mom
12. Working in the OR when everything goes smoothly
13. Fresh, ripe, juicy apricots, pineapple, peaches and strawberries
14. SUSHI
15. Singing in harmony
16. Dancing
17. Growing anything that looks pretty, produces food or smells good
18. Spring and Fall
19. Christmas with family
20. The most important of all: MY FAMILY!