Thursday, May 20, 2010

Define Beautiful


About a month ago a friend emailed me and asked if I wanted to participate in a sort of special project, The Define Beautiful Project. She asked me, along with several other ladies to write something up about what made us feel beautiful.

It took me forever to think of something.

A long long time.

Mainly because I have a hard time believing myself that I am beautiful. My self image issues are insane. I can name about 100 things in less than 5 minutes that I don't like about myself but I had a hard time coming up with a short list of things that I did like about myself. It took me about a week and a half to come up with an answer. Which is pathetic.

This tiny little exercise was the hardest and most rewarding experience. It made me realize that I have a lot, and I mean a lot of things going for me. It also made me realize that I have a lot to work on with coming to terms with myself.

Go read my definition of beautiful and maybe you should participate. It's been an amazing experience.

3 Grass Lovers:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

xoxo

The Dennett's said...

I read it, it's fantastic :)

I wish I had your confidence. still workin my way up the self-esteem ladder :)
you ARE beautiful! So very much! and ps I would give my left leg to have hair as long as yours...

Lindsey Walker said...

I lOVE this post. Because, i to struggle with the same thing, and especially now that I am pregnant. You are beautiful and wonderful and I was going to say the same thing about your hair. I have always been jealous of your hair!!