Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Got Milk?

At my house we have pretty much gone organic/farmer's fresh when it comes to our food. It's been a goal of Brock's for quite some time and it took a while for me to come around to the idea. I'm a sucker for processed food. But that's an entirely different post.


I usually do most of the grocery shopping and I am pretty consistent with what I buy. When Brock does it, you never know what will pop up in the grocery cart. He is nuts over kale and organic bacon and no matter what will come home with it in tow. We get our bacon and beef (what little we buy) from a local farm and it is nothing like I have ever tasted before, it's so beyond delicious. 

Last night Brock did the grocery shopping while I was fast asleep. When I woke, he was so excited to tell me of his recent purchase. 

Milk from a local farm. 100% Jersey cow milk in a glass bottle. I felt so 1940ish! I'm not a huge fan of milk, but I had to give it a try. It tasted so different from any nonfat milk that I have ever had. It was rich and creamy with a grassy/nutty flavor to it. And it was only 90 calories per 8 oz.  I think I'm hooked. 

4 Grass Lovers:

The Dennett's said...

We buy our milk through a local dairy and they process it differently than other industries. Even though we drink non-fat, it tastes so rich and creamy (not that watery mess, haha) because they put the solids back in after separating the fat. I agree with ya- SO much better!

Holly said...

We discovered this about a year ago. I loved the glass bottles, we ended up buying a few just to decorate with for summer parties. Their chocolate milk is excellent!

Myrna said...

I grew up on a farm, where I learned to hate milk from the cow. Never acquired a taste for the store-bought kind either. And I am not a fan of fresh meat either. I guess being a part of the whole process didn't help, or my dad saying, "Is this the white chicken or the gray one?" as I was about to take a bite. Or my aunt saying "Pass the dead calf, please." BUT farm-fresh fruits and veggies!!! Yummers!!! :o)

Jonesy said...

Matthew would be so jealous. He's always on the lookout for milk delivery.