Wednesday, January 06, 2010

It's a New Year!

First picture of 2010 with my crazy brother!

I love new beginnings, you know starting over and stuff. I hate making resolutions because I always always break them. So this year I decided to just build on things that I am already doing instead of setting new goals. So here is the list I came up with:

1. Cook something new once a month using the cookbooks that Brock and my mom gave to me for Christmas-Mastering the Art of French Cooking, both volumes. It's going to be awesome! (I did this twice.)

2. Learn how to sew on a sewing machine. I'm in the process of accomplishing this task. I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I am taking a sewing class at the end of the month.

3. Continue to run and enter some sort of race. 5k, 10k, or half marathon.

4. Create something crafty once a month. This could be anything from baking to making cute headbands.(I wouldn't say that I did this once a month, but I was pretty close to it. Not a complete fail.)

5. Find ways to serve the missionaries at least once a month. Yesterday I helped prepare and served food to 60 missionaries. Afterward they sang to us and showered us with thank yous! (Somewhat of a fail, once I got a job, I got really busy.)

6. Be a better visiting teacher. Nuff said. (failed)

7. Spend less time on FB and the internet and more time reading books and blogging. (Failed, I'm an addict.)

8. Wear makeup more often. Dry and straighten my hair more often. (I did this probably ten times the whole year. Must work on this.)

9. Do something heroic. Of all of my goals, this is the one that I most want to accomplish. I have several ideas: donate blood, continue to grow out my hair and donate it to Locks of Love, or become a bone marrow donor.

10. Floss my teeth. I have been in alot of trouble with my dentist over this. I HATE IT. I need to learn how to love it. (Off and on I would do this. Go one solid month of flossing, then quit, then back at it again.)

I think my goals are simple enough and should be easy to accomplish. No?

4 Grass Lovers:

The Dennett's said...

those sound like great goals! I also want to learn how to sew, but I have no machine yet :/ and I kinda wanted to learn on my own contraption, haha. maybe you can be the one to teach me how to sew one day! just the basic stuff, like making blankets and socks and stuff :) and my dentists always get onto me for not flossing, too...it's really bad...but it hurts so much! eck.

Anonymous said...

Nice story as for me. It would be great to read something more concerning that topic. Thnx for giving this data.
Joan Stepsen
Pharma technology

Nicci said...

Great goals! I am so glad I'm not the only non-sewing woman out there. I, too, hope to learn this year!
I have started reading a lot. Everyday. 10 minutes here, 30 minutes there. All throughout the day. Mostly how-to or non-fiction. I'm amazed at how much I'm learning about all sorts of things in such a short amount of time! Have you tried your favorite music while you floss? Could help get through it, maybe. Just an idea (I don't like flossing, either)

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Hey girl! I miss your blog! It's been too long since I got a healthy dose of Layla. Hope all is well!