Friday, November 21, 2008

To Multiply and Replenish

Sometimes I really wish that meant to plant trees, gardens and maybe recycle. See if that was the case, I already do all of those things or did at one point. Whatever.

I know, I know it means to have little kiddos that look like you running around this world. Who would have ever thought.

I decided being a mother one day would be good for me. Then I made a mental list of all the things I want to accomplish as a mother. Granted I'm probably only setting myself up for failure, but who cares.

I know a lot of fab mothers. Really. I admire a lot that they have to offer. Oh and I know that you all want to know what my list of goals in motherhood are, right? Well you are gonna get it, even if you could care less.

  • I want to be like that mom who home schools all of her kids and they turn out to be brilliant. I probably won't home school because I really don't have the patience. But seriously, what an accomplishment. This one mom I'm talking about has some pretty impressive smarty pants. I give her the credit.
  • I want to be a mom who has little kiddos who are potty trained at 14 months and who try out cloth diapers to save money and be green. I'm all about being green.
  • I want to be a mom who makes cookies and cupcakes. I'll try to make them at least somewhat healthy.
  • Some of my favorite moms are those fiery red heads whose kids turn out to be just as fiery. I love some drama.
  • When I'm a mom and if I have a little trouble maker, I would like to think of the little kiddo as a fun free spirit. I know a couple of moms who have fun spirited kiddos and I like how they are raising them.
  • I know one mom who has a little girl and twins and is ridiculously gorgeous. She is so involved with her children, but doesn't give up on things that matter to her. I NEED TO BE LIKE HER when I have kiddos. Who ever said that once you have kids your looks and self-maintenance need to go down the drain needs to be shot in the knee caps!
  • I want to be like those moms who are not afraid of the world they live in. I'm really inspired by those who go off to far lands and are enjoying the experiences they are having. They are really giving their children treasures of memories. I'm really glad that I had the experience of living in a foreign land.
  • I want to be a mom who will teach the important principles of the gospel. Who will make sure her children know the goodness of people and to remind them to love for the sake of loving.
  • I want to be a mom who will remember in the dark times that all is well and to be thankful for what has been giving. I know a mom who had taken her trials of losing a child and making it such a beautiful and sacred experience. I know it was hard for her, but I commend her for her grace.
So there you have it. I might add more later on. Ahh who knows. To all you moms out there, rock on! You guys are pretty awesome and thanks for your example.
P.S. In no shape or form am I saying I'm pregos. I may not get to that point for years!

9 Grass Lovers:

Deanna said...

It's great to have these goals for yourself. I have learned from sad experience that you can do only that, make goals for YOURSELF, not for others. I had envisioned in my mind the type of baby Azure would be. Instead of an easy baby who did this, that or the other, I realized she is her own person, and has her own ideas and agenda and I can not push my wants on her. Even if your kids don't potty train until they're 5, it doesn't mean you're a bad mom or that you failed. It means, your kid is exercising their free agency- exactly what they came to the earth to do.
p.s. did you ever get an invite to our blog?

ixoj said...

I wish it meant gardening as well...I'm a really good gardener, but may be less than a great mom...but I think you'll be fantastic when you decide you're ready! :)

Layla said...

Deanna, no I didn't get an invite and I have been dying to read your blog for months! I hope you read this cause I really need to read your blog :)

my email- layla12@gmail.com

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I like the goals, I think they are a good idea. The whole idea of motherhood just scares me -- so maybe if I made some goals and worked toward doing what I can to achieve them now -- when I have kids it won't be so scary? I don't know.

Sharon Beesley said...

i'm so vain. i probalably think the sixth bullet is about me...

Sonja said...

You are going to be a wonderful mother someday, Layla. I see all those attributes in you already! In fact, I'm sure there's some anxious spirits up there waiting for you to start multiplying! (I know you probably don't want to hear that right now, but it's true!)

All in good time though. You need to feel right about it. I'm so impressed that you have all these goals.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

crap...i wanna be that mom too!

Nancy said...

Layla, this was a wonderful post! It makes me want to be a better mom, for sure.

You'll be such an amazing mom one day!

Laura said...

Can't wait to see what those kiddos look like. =)