Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Love Yummy Food

I've been wanting to write a blog about my favorite restaurants in all the towns I have lived in. Mainly as a reference for me and for anyone else who wants to eat some yummy food. I'm also going to list all of my favorite picks. As you can tell most of them have meat in them. I've only found a couple of restaurants that I have liked that serve veggie stuff. It's all good though, right?

Provo/Orem/Salt Lake City
  • Burger Supreme- Cheese Burger Kids Meal and Gyros
  • Jason's Deli-I don't remember what I used to get, it was good though. I also loved that they had soft served ice cream.
  • Cafe Rio- Chicken Salad and Tortilla Soup
  • Guru's-Chicken Corn Tortilla Soup, Santa Cruz Quesillada with Shrimp, and the Sweet Potato Fries.
  • Pier 49 Pizza- All of their pizzas are pretty awesome. Try the Nob Hill, Lombard Street, and the Golden Gate.
  • Mama Chu's-In my opinion, the best authentic Mexican food you can get in the Provo/Orem Area.
  • Kneaders Bakery and Cafe- I love their breakfast sandwiches.
  • The Italian Place-Philly 'n' Everything.
  • Mezza (SLC)-I love their falafel sandwiches. Everything there is awesome. I'm prejudiced though, I really love Middle Eastern food.
Seattle/Renton
  • Cedar River Smokehouse BBQ- I'm not a huge fan of BBQ, but this place is awesome. My favorite is just a side of bake potato. They give you tons of toppings so you could totally make it a meal. I also really like the brisket sandwich.
  • Qdoba- Nachos or the Trio
  • Baja Fresh-Fish Tacos
  • Pasta Freska-There is no menu. The chef comes out and talks to you about your likes and dislikes.
  • Redfin-I really love this sushi place, probably the best I have had in Seattle.
  • Elliott's-By far my favorite restaurant in Seattle. It's a fish place so if you don't like fish, don't go. I love their oysters and clam chowder.
  • Spud Fish and Chips-This was the first fast food restaurant in West Seattle. It's located on Alki Beach and the views are amazing. The portions are large and their milkshakes are delicious.
  • Specialty's Cafe and Bakery-I felt like I ate there everyday for lunch. I love their lentil soup and the Tomato Mozzarella Sandwich.
  • Marrakesh-You can read about my experience here.
The Bay Area
  • Joy Sushi- Their rolls are massive. My favorite is the Lava Roll and the Philadelphia Roll.
  • Pancho Villa Taqueria- They have an awesome salsa bar. I love their Super Vegetarian Burrito. I have already had it twice three times this week!
  • Yogurtouille- The best frozen yogurt shop I have ever been too. I love everything they have. You pick the flavors and the toppings and pay by the ounce. They also rotate flavors every other day. So far my favorite has been the pineapple pina strawberry.
  • Nob Hill Pizza- We always create our own pizza when we go there. Never been disappointed.
  • B Street and Vine- They have a live jazz band and the restaurant is lit up by candles. It has a romantic feel to it but it is not over priced. The paninis are pretty good and you must try the bruschetta. They give you tons of food so Brock and I always share a panini and a bruschetta.
  • The Lobster Shack-The Lobster Rolls are Brock's favorite, but I always get the Crab Roll. Try their yummy blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream.
  • The Counter-Best hamburger place I have ever been to. You can get creative and make your own burger with different toppings. They also have veggie burgers here.
  • Aladine's Deli and Market- Once again Middle Eastern food is my favorite. I love the falafel sandwich and when I used to eat meat I would always get their beef gyros.

5 Grass Lovers:

Diana said...

Richard and I ALWAYS went out to eat when we lived in Provo. And Pier 49, we were regulars. LOOOVE that place

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Oh yum! I miss Zupas in Provo oh so very much!

Arielle said...

Mezza was one of our favorites. I think we went every time we went to SLC. Now you have me drooling for middle eastern food!

Brock said...

Zupas would be on my list too. Every time I have soup I think about that place.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

go to Crepes-a-go-go! You'll love it!