Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pumpkin Crush

When Brock was 12 he discovered one of his all time favorite bands-The Smashing Pumpkins. He adores them, and was eager for me to adore them. Last year we went to one of their concerts. I think it was a dream come true for him. You should have seen how his eyes lit up when he saw them come on stage. It was really cute.

After that concert, I became obsessed. I listen to them for what seemed every day for a month. I even found their blog and read all the entries. It was very fascinating to read about the lives of rock stars. I think Brock was just pleased that I liked them.

So last night we were watching a documentary that they did about their first couple of concerts in the USA since they got back together. While we were watching it, Brock and I had this conversation:

L: So, Umm, I have a crush on Billy.
B: Well if you are gonna have a crush on anyone besides me, I'm glad to know it's Billy. I'm alright with that.

Die hard fan...No?

2 Grass Lovers:

Nancy said...

That's hilarious! :)

And here I thought this was going to be some sort of pumpkin recipe. I know how you feel about pumpkins :)

And now I know why! ;)

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Hey Layla - It's Ryan here. I just turned on the computer and it looks like Erica has been reading your blog. Just let Brock know that two of my all time favorite songs that I listen to almost every time I turn my Ipod on are by the Smashing Pumpkins: 1979 and Tonight, Tonight.