Friday, November 28, 2008

Oh to be Thankful!

Well Thanksgiving came and went but it was a good time. Probably the best Thanksgiving I have ever had. The food was fantastic...all made vegan style and I said no thanks to the turkey. I can't believe I haven't touched meat in almost a month. That's a different post though.

I think the main reason for it being such a special time for me is because I have been thinking constantly of things I am thankful for. I gushed over people and things this past month on my blog. Indeed I have a lot to be thankful for.

As I was thinking about what I was really thankful for this Thanksgiving, this thought crossed my mind- I am thankful for the goodness of people. Sometimes complete strangers. There is indeed a lot of heartache, terror, and ill will in this world, but there are a lot of good, kind people.

I am thankful for you. For the readers I know and for the readers I don't know (someone in London and in France are reading my blog...curious, who are you? Don't be shy, leave a comment!).

This past couple of months I have seen literal miracles all brought through strangers. Most don't have anything to do with me, but they make me want to become a better person. I am thankful for those miracles. You inspire me. I want to briefly share with you those miracles that have touched my heart.

  • Do you read the NieNie Dialogues? If you don't you should, they are brilliant. This past summer Mrs. Nielson and her husband were in a horrible plane crash. Shortly after wards, a miracle happened. Complete strangers all over the world raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to help pay for her and her husbands medical expenses. These kind people who did not know her, prayed for her and her family. I believe because of them she is going strong and is healing everyday. A miracle that thousands of strangers helped to participate in.
  • Mrs Natalie, a gal I meet in Provo really touched me when she decided to raise money for Anna, a domestic violence victim. She raised over $300 dollars with the help of family and friends to help a complete stranger in need.
  • Recently, my friend's younger brother went missing. I can only imagine what her family went through. The word got out and complete strangers offered kind words, prayers, and their time to distribute missing posters to find her brother. He was found safe and sound.
  • This one personal miracle meant a lot to me. At the beginning of the month, my cousin committed suicide. I wrote a post about it and many of you left comments of kind words and prayers. When my mother talked to my aunt, my aunt told her that she knew people were praying and that it was working. She felt at peace and knew that all would be well. You were complete strangers to her and you helped her in a desperate time of need. Thank you.
I believe in miracles and I believe in the goodness of people. Oh what joy does it bring to me!

For I am God, and my arm is not shortened; and I will show miracles....unto all those who believe...

2 Grass Lovers:

Diana said...

You could've had Tofurkey

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

You are so sweet. I'm touched. I'm thankful for you, too.