Thursday, February 28, 2008

Dear Brock

Today as I rocked out to all of the crazy music that you put on my ipod, I couldn't help but think about you. I began to think about how much my life has changed since we have been together and how I wouldn't want it to be any different.
I remember the first time I meet you. I was instantly intrigued by you and was disappointed that we didn't live in the same city. I was always so excited to go and visit my aunt in Shreveport because I knew that I would see you. When you left for college I had to build up all the courage I had to email you. I was scared that you would find out that I liked you and heaven forbid that would happen! I was thrilled to see you right before you left for your mission and I had a fantastic time. That night I wrote in my journal about how much I liked you and hoped that we would date when you got back from your mission. I really am sorry that I didn't write you much, but you understand, I was distracted.
I waited patiently by my computer the day you got off of your mission. I was excited to catch up with you. I was thrilled when you asked me if I was coming home for Christmas from BYU and if I wanted to go on a date. The day of the date I was so nervous. I didn't know what to say to you when I first saw you. You had changed. You had become a different person. A person that I was eager to be with. It was a perfect date. The best one I have ever been on.
Things happened really fast and before you know it we were engaged and about to get married. It was a beautiful day and most importantly I was able to share that special day with you. It was our day.
It has been a whirlwind of three and half years. You have taught me so much about enjoying life and being more spontaneous. I love that you NEVER say no to me (well you did once when I asked if we could get a dog) and let me have my independence. You have never held me back from anything I have ever wanted to do. You encouraged me to overcome my fear of being across the world from you for a month and listened to me every time I called crying and wanted to come home. I know that it was really hard for you, but I needed to have that experience.
I am forever blown away of how lucky I am to be married to such an incredible person. I'm in constant awe of what a genius you are, your amazing talents, and how you always seem to keep everything together. You are exactly what I need in my life.

Love ,

L.J.

0 Grass Lovers: