Sunday, March 02, 2008

C is for Caucus

Ok I know that this is a bit late, but I'm always busy with other things. So for C we went to the Washington Caucus to vote. On a rainy and very busy Saturday, we went to the Democratic Party Caucus.
It was the first time I was able to vote and I was eager to cast my vote! I've never even heard of a caucus more less even been to one. Once you arrive, you are sent to the district that you live in. You sign in and cast your vote from the candidates that are available or you declare that you are undecided.


Once everyone signs in, at a specific time your district meeting begins. You pick a secretary to take notes, a leader to lead the meeting, and a tallier to tally the votes. Then the chooses are announced. You then have the opportunity to give a speech and try to convince the people in your group to vote for the candidate that you are voting for. After awhile, you cast your vote again. It was a very interesting experience and a way to have your voice heard!

0 Grass Lovers: