Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Rockin' Out Tuesday- Music to run to

I've been asked numerous times what type of music do I listen to while I run. I've gone through several cycles of playlist since I have started to train for my half marathon. Now that I am running up to 8 miles, I really have to like the music that I am listening to. The music has to motivate me to run and keep going. Another important factor is that the music has to fit my pace. If it is too slow or too fast I have a really hard time keeping a pace.  Once I listened to CB's running playlist and within 3 minutes I thought I was going to die. I should have know better since he runs about a 8 min mile and I run about a 12 min mile.

Here is a list of top ten favorite songs that I currently love to run to:

10. Midnight City- M83
9. Xxxo- M.I.A.
8. Run This Town- Jay-Z
7. Lovely Allen- Holy F*
6. Hysteria- Muse
5. Girls Like You- The Naked and Famous
4. My Body- Young the Giant
3. Yeah 3x-Chris Brown
2. Punching In A  Dream- The Naked and Famous
1. I Like It- Enrique Iglesias



Seriously, Mr. Enrique keeps me running. As soon as I hear that song, I am pumped and ready to run hard, no matter how tired I am. What music do you listen to while running? I think it might be time for me to change things up soon.

2 Grass Lovers:

Taylor said...

How funny. I seriously was just going to ask you about what you run to. My running list includes NIN (of course), Korn, Modest Mouse, the Streets and Our Lady Peace. I can't help it. I am a child of the 90s.

Brock said...

Some of the main ones...

The Crystal Method
Dananananaykroyd
Death From Above 1979
Deftones
Lightning Bolt
M.I.A.
Major Lazer
Matt & Kim
Dethklok
Smashing Pumpkins
White Stripes
Skrillex