Friday, February 10, 2012

Hey you!

::photo::

At around midnight, my therapist sent me this photo and I couldn't help but smile. I love her and the random things that she sends along to help me through out my challenges. She even once convinced me that Jesus would think I am a pretty rad chick and would want to hang out with me, even if I wear skinny jeans faithfully.

The above picture goes hand in hand with my last therapy session. I'm in a better place because of the time, money and effort I have put in to rise above my demons. The first phone call, the first session, the first of everything was painful, I wasn't sure I was ready for it. Half way through and I literally sobbed because never in my wildest dreams did I think that complete strangers would have so much love and empathy towards me.

Maybe one day I will share the whole story on this little blog of mine. For now, I'm just going to write it down for my safe keeping, so I can remember how far I have come along. It has been a hell of a ride.

***If you ever have the desire to see a therapist, do it! Don't settle for a mediocre life. You deserve to be the happiest you can be. If you are looking for a therapist in the Seattle area and have no idea how to make it out, email me and I will refer you to mine. You will never regret it. (She didn't ask me to say this, I just adore her).

5 Grass Lovers:

ixoj said...

That makes me want to move to Seattle to go see your therapist.

I'm glad things are going better for you. :)

Mammodouy's Stories said...

I have been seeing a therapist for the past two years! It helps to alleviate all the fears and worries about cancer... and it helps me to become really creative again! :)

He does not send me pictures late at night... but I have his private cell phone number... which helps!

So great you are doing it and so great that she is a great therapist!
A new Layla is being born...

Layla said...

Oh I have her and my nutritionist cell phone number too. Any time they know that it will be a particularly hard day or situation, they send me texts of encouragement. Numourous times I have texted when I'm over whelmed. It's been amazing to have that resource.

Layla said...

She does Skype sessions :)

Having you live in Seattle would be brilliant!

Love you!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Congrats, Layla! I agree - therapists rock!