Saturday, November 12, 2011

Go figure


Do you know what happens when you start  blogging  less? You start to live more. Or at least I have. I no longer feel the panic of needing to do something so I can blog about it. I just started to do things to do things. My reader also has over 1000 unread items and I don't feel guilty about it.

So wanna know what happened to me? Glorious things have happened.

I've made new friends who I have scheduled dates with every week. My calendar is jammed packed with hanging out sessions with people that I love. New friends are the best, you know who you are!

I have more time to study for the GRE and it's actually insanely exciting that I'm going to open a new chapter in my life.

I all of a sudden have tons of time to work out. Getting up at the crack of dawn to work out makes me happy. Who would have ever thought? Definitely not this girl!

I've gone to concerts and I even have dance parties in my living room. It's the best.

I've joined two book clubs and have a new obsession with Gossip Girl. So good.

But the best part is that I am happier. I feel so much more alive. At different times, blogging made me unhappy, I just felt like I wasn't getting any where with it. I mentioned this to a friend and her response was genius, "If it doesn't make you happy, stop. Besides it's just a dang blog."

Stopping for awhile actually helped me realize that I really love to write, and I missed it. I just don't need to let my blog determine how awesome I am. So what if I only have about 100 readers and not 1000? I now like the idea of having a more intimate readership, it works for me. Thank you 100 readers for sticking around, you are rocking my blog world.

I am so damn awesome.

And super hot too....

Aimee would be so proud.

9 Grass Lovers:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

This post makes me proud.

Mammodouy's Stories said...

Great post, Layla. You said it all (is this English or...).
Blogging should never become painful... Life is much too difficult sometimes without adding another pressure.
But I admit I love reading you, my dear girl. Actually we met thanx to your blog, remember?
You write well. You are filled with life and you are fun to read. You are far from being conventional too. And I love that.
I'm so happy to read your blog because this way, I get to learn more things, to "meet" new people and Seattle. I "live" through your experiences too.
But blogging should never become a chore and/or block you from very authentic things, I fully agree with you!
Love you, sunny Layla!
Marie
Oh by the way, I am getting old, I guess. I don't like Justin Bieber very much! :-D

ixoj said...

Lovely post from a lovely girl. I'm glad you're happier. :)

Myrna said...

I am excited for you about the GRE and all the other neat things you are doing! :o)

Diana said...

I have always loved your blog. But, I am so, so glad you have reached outside of it lately. I know something is wrong when I get into a mode of "I've gotta write a blog post in my head as I do this such-and-such project." Why can't i just enjoy the dang project?!

Yay for new friends as well. I love your friends :) and I like making new ones. Hang in there.

And,

you are incredibly hot.

Holly said...

Perfect. You hit the nail on the head. I have felt this way before- 1,000 times 1,000. Thanks for saying exactly what I was thinking. :) In fact, I think I'll re-blog this if you don't mind (and give credit, of course).

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

No problem, girl - I'll stick around! I love your healthy perspective. Blogging should be FUN!

Taylor said...

Yay. Living life is the best. and I love your shoutout to Aimee. (and dare I think it, a hidden shout out to me?) You are one awesome lady.

mollycolleen said...

Love you, friend. So very much. :)