Friday, August 05, 2011

Little miracles

Yesterday, I learned of the most incredible news, it left me shaking and smiling with tears streaming down my face. My heart was so full of joy and happiness. I could not get over how incredible this little miracle was. You see, some of our close friends revealed to us that they were expecting! They were finally going to be parents. They have gone through years trying to get pregnant and eventually decided to adopt instead. They have been going through the adoption process for some time now and every time they thought they were one step closer, it seemed to be pushed out even further. Then H. got pregnant and to me it is quit incredible how everything seems to work out.

I feel like I seem to surround myself with individuals who struggle with having children. Slowly, one by one little miracles happen to them and children come into their lives whether by adoption or a miraculous pregnancy. Every time my heart becomes so full with love and joy for them. Tonight, I am throwing a baby shower for one of those individuals and I am so excited to celebrate her and the journey that they are going through.

I adore this video. It made me cry the ugly cry right about the time that Sarah said "And then I knew I was a mom...they don't have to be blood, she was mine."
What a beautiful miracle!



My heart is so so full of joy and love.

8 Grass Lovers:

Michelle said...

Balling my eyes out. I too have friends that are struggling or have struggled trying to get pregnant. Thanks for sharing this video.

Magalena said...

Sometimes I'm so bitter. I'm really grateful for your example of how we can overcome our own problems and celebrate with our sisters in this struggle.

Diana said...

You are a much better person than me. For the first time in my life, when a close friend told me she was expecting, I couldn't even get the word "Congratulations" out. I just wanted the conversation to end. I'm not like that with everyone, but for some reason I was with her that day.

Bronwyn James said...

Wow, that was super sweet. Thanks for a touch of tenderness in my day.

RORYJEAN said...

I am so excited for them- what a blessing and a miracle. The video made me cry :)

The Dennett's said...

yep, crying...This video was so touching, it brought me closer emotionally to some of my friends that also struggle with this. you always post such wonderful videos-thank you!

Holly said...

Thanks Layla! This is such a wonderful post. It has been a really hard road for us, and we feel completely blessed by God to have this amazing miracle in our lives. Had it turned out the other way and we adopted, or still adopt, I fully believe what the woman in the video says, being a parent is beyond blood.

Shelly and Vic said...

Thanks for sharing, Layla. This is what I needed today so I'm glad I checked out your blog :) My husband and I have been trying for quite some time now and so I can totally relate. Loved the video and it gave me the good cry I needed!