Monday, July 18, 2011

Lemon Berry Cupcakes



I recently stumbled on the most adorable baking blog and fell even more in love with it when I found out that the writer was not only a fellow Seattleite but also a high school student! Pâtisserie Natalie features mouth watering recipes with beautiful pictures to go along. I still can't get over that Natalie just graduated from High School this year!

We went over to some friends for dinner last night and it was the perfect excuses to make these amazing cupcakes that Natalie featured on Cakespy. The lemon pound cake with the blackberry and raspberry layered frosting was so divine that I could barely finish off one cupcake. I definitely will be making these again  next time I crave a lemon cake.

Also, I think I want to invest in some new decorating tips. I currently use the open star tip, any one have suggestions on some other tips?

4 Grass Lovers:

Diana said...

I love the look of this cupcake. The frosting looks like a smoothie to me--like I just need to insert a straw into it.

I always use the same tip for my cupcakes. The rest don't really seem to do so well for just a swirl on top.

I am so hungry right now. I want to eat the computer screen.

Mammodouy's Stories said...

Wow! So yummy again! :)

Alison said...

these cupcakes look delicious! I love to bake so I will have to try to make them soon. Thanks for the lovely pictures.

Pretty Zesty said...

Those are so so beautiful!