I'm currently participating in a 50 day health challenge and it has been one of the best things I have done this summer. While I haven't lost but one measly pound, I have seen a huge improvement in my life style. I'm drinking more water, eating more vegetables, working out a ton, and limiting my sugar intake. Seriously, before hand I knew I wasn't the healthiest, but after monitoring things more closely, I've realized that I eat a ton of sugar and drink almost little to no water. No wonder I have had a hard time losing those last 10 pounds. I really want to be the weight that I was when I got married seven years ago, and those 10 pounds are my road block.
I'm going to Utah in a little less than three weeks, and I would like to have lost at least 5 pounds by then. 5 pounds seems pretty easy enough and here is how I am going to accomplish that goal:
1. Tons of water. No less than 2 liters a day. I'm already doing this and I think I might up it to three liters. The only issue is that I am constantly in the bathroom.
2. No more than one diet soda a week. It's pretty sad how much soda I used to consume. I also noticed that when I drink a diet soda, afterward I want sugar.
3. No more than 25g of sugar a day. If it has a label, I'm counting the sugar contents. Fruit is free game. Also, I am in the habit of eating a cucumber with my fruit so I won't have a sugar crash.
4. Exercise, exercise, exercise! For the challenge I am required to do 9 intervals of 30 min a week and I have been pretty consistent with that. I'm back to running more and I use RunKeeper to keep track of my mileage. C.B. recently bought me Nike+ iPod and I am going to give it a try. I also do 30 Day Shred and 6 Week Six-Pack by Jillian Micheals. Both are hardcore and as I am typing this post, I can feel the burn in my bum and abs.
5. Eat more greens. One of the best tricks that I have found in losing weight, is that the more greens I eat, the more consistent my weight loss is. Those weeks that I skip the greens I gain or stay the same. Did you know that kale has an insane amount of protein? When I am eating greens consistently, I go through at least two bags of Trader Joe's Southern Greens a week.
6. Limit my gluten intake. I went a week and half without gluten and I felt incredible. I would have kept going had I not got sick with bronchitis.
Do you guys have any other tips?
|Goal. Hello, tiny waist!|