Monday, May 16, 2011

Comfortable

The other night The Cute Boy and I were watching The Office while I nursed on a cup of chicken broth.  I desperately wanted to feel better and for a brief instant I thought that I was better.

"I feel better!"  I announce, thinking that if I say it out loud than magically I would  be better.

"Oh Yea?" CB  replies.

"Yes, I feel better! Do I look better?"

"You look like crap."

I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"But you definitely look like cute crap."

I roar with laughter and start to hack up a lung.

After almost  7 years of marriage I roll my eyes and laugh at his comment. If he had said that to me after being married for a year, or two, or quite possible three years I would have been livid!

I like feeling comfortable, secure. I like where we are.

1 Grass Lovers:

Diana said...

Sigh.

why after every post do I wish I could be like you.

Minus the sick part.

And, the chicken broth part.

Okay, I guess I like where I am too. I just like you too.