Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royal Wedding

I'm a sucker for weddings and I stayed up all night to watch the Royal Wedding. It was most definitely a fairytale.

The second I saw Kate's dress I gasped and instantly thought of Grace Kelly. The dress was so perfect and appropriate, it was exactly what I imagined it to be like. It was modest and very vintage like with a modern twist. The designer, Sarah Burton at Alexandra McQueen was the perfect choice to design a dress fit for a princess. Kate was breathtakingly gorgeous. She is a true fashion icon.



There were so many moments that I loved about this wedding. I loved how Wills kept stealing glances at her at the alter, the little whispers they shared, and how at one point he winked at her. It was all very intimate.  I love that even though it was a very serious affair, there were moments of lightheartedness; Prince William leaning over and telling his future father-in-law "I thought this was supposed to be a small family affair" and even though Kate is extremely thin, he had difficulty putting on her wedding band. 



My favorite part of the whole wedding ceremony came from the sermon given by The Bishop of London.
Every wedding is a royal wedding with the bride and groom as king and queen of creation, making a new life together so that life can flow through them unto the future.

Totally smitten by each other

I stayed up even later than planed because I wanted to see the kiss on the balcony. I adored how genuinely shocked Kate looked as she walked out on to the balcony and saw the massive amount of people waiting for them and she said "oh wow." And the kiss! They kissed twice and both times it was so sweet and lovely.


Photos from Times.

4 Grass Lovers:

Wesley Thomas said...

i LOVE being English! ha!....it really was a Magical ceremony. ....Wish i was in Will's position! :P

Glad you enjoyed it!

capturingtheride said...

I love weddings! Thanks for this post, it was super sweet and what a happy day for the Royal Family :) Thanks also for the fun visit! Sawyer is still carrying Batman around and he even took him into Whole Foods with us :)

The Dennett's said...

I too loved everything about this wedding ceremony. There could not be a more beautiful bride and Will was such a gentleman towards her through the entire thing. I was pretty teary-eyed through the vows, too :) the world needs to see more happy events like this- it is a good distraction.

Myrna said...

I love how you described the wedding, Layla--you made me wish I had watched it, too--but I didn't. I love the things you noticed about it, too! :o)