I've been working like a freak of nature to break my weight plateau and today it happened. I am so beyond excited! Now just three more pounds until my goal weight... before I set a new goal.
My WW leader suggested that I work out twice a day (instead of once for one hour, do two workouts for 30 min each) and eat a dump truck load full of salads. And lots of water of course.
I got bored of my usual salads and thanks to the google gods I have a whole slew of new salads to test out.
Tonight's salad is a new favorite. With all the flavor, you would have never guessed that it was 247 calories per serving.
Bacon, Arugula and Shrimp Salad
Adapted from Cooking Light
Makes 4 Servings
6 Weight Watchers Points
2 slices of center cut bacon
1 1/2 pounds of peeled and cleaned shrimp (I only used about a pound)
Dash of Old Bay Seasoning, Tony Chachere's or whatever spice of your choice.
5 cups of arugula (if you can't find plain arugula, look for a salad mix that has it included)
1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons of low fat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
2 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper Salt to taste
* Cook bacon in a nonstick pan until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and reserve 1 teaspoon of bacon grease in the pan. Crumble the bacon and set aside.
* Add shrimp along with seasoning of choice to the bacon grease and saute until cooked. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a large bowl.
* Add tomatoes and arugula to the shrimp.
* In a separate bowl mix together yogurt, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, black pepper and salt. Taste for more seasoning.
* Drizzle vinegar mixture over the salad and toss gently.
* Each serving is 2 1/4 cups. Top with bacon crumbles.