Sunday, January 30, 2011

Theme

The 2011 LDS youth theme is the 13th Article of Faith.

VIA
We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

Ever since I could remember, this particular article has been my favorite. This year I decided I need to have a theme of sort to remind me of when I get lost or preoccupied with things that are not relevant.  In 2011 I plan on to endure when things don't go as mapped out; I plan on seeking out good wholesome things; and I will only surround myself with things that result in making me happy and feel good about who I am.

I will no longer read blogs that make me roll my eyes, surround myself with negative people, or other elements that stir emotions of anger or frustration and make me feel less worth than I am. I need to learn to stop comparing myself to others; that idea is the one thing that destroys me more than anything.  Oh pride.

I'm really excited to turn a new leaf over and work on my downfalls. 2011 will be good....even if we have to pay freakin' taxes this year.

4 Grass Lovers:

Diana said...

"no longer...surround myself with negative people..."

I guess we aren't going to be hanging out anymore?

Mammodouy's Stories said...

Hi, Layla. Since it is the beginning of the year, I wanted to tell you that I love the idea of you working with young people. Why? I don't know. I just love it.
In the early 90s, I translated the seminary material (from the 1990s) in French. The program did not exist at the time. I imagine the content hasn't changed much. The spirit is the same, I'm sure.
Young teenagers are fun, aren't they?
Love from France
marie

Pretty Zesty said...

Such a great post. I do wonder as well why I LOVE to read things I HATE! WHY?! I'm with you!

Strawberry Girl said...

Layla! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your resolutions look similar to my own, glad to know I have a buddy in the struggle to overcome pride. ;)

I hope you are all doing well, say hi to your mom and brother for me! :)

~Annie