Saturday, August 14, 2010

Six years

In the past six years we....
*got married
*obtained two Bachelors degrees
*lived in 3 states
*lived in 4 apartments/houses
*been to 14 states
*been to five countries (although technically I visited 4 of those by myself)
*adopted a cat
*had 5 different jobs (both of us)
*bought a house
*became landlords
*bought a car
*did temple work in 9 different LDS temples
*the Cute Boy is becoming established in his career. At least one of us knows exactly what they want to do career wise :)
*received way more responsibility than I really ever wanted
*gained some weight...lost some weight... than gained some weight (the last part is only about me)
*went to 5 music festivals
*seen over 20 bands perform live
*the Cute Boy learned how to bake bread
*I learned how to sew, can, and drive on the interstate
*went to two mission farewells/homecomings, four weddings and one funeral
*I've had 7 different church callings and the Cute Boy has had 5
*went snorkeling and bounded with a sea turtle
*made some really bad decisions
*learned great lessons from the really bad decisions
*made some close friends
*have a stronger marriage than from year one. Let me tell ya, year one was haaaaaard.

For our 6 year anniversary we did the responsible thing and bought a vacuum. Our roomba is pretty awesome at daily sweeps, but it turns out that I have some serious allergies...like I am dying the majority of the year. We figured as long as we have carpet we needed one that did some deep cleaning. Mrs Natalie, you convinced us and we followed your lead :)

Yay for six years! Wowzier six freakin' years.

Love this picture of us. Taken three years ago, right at the spot that he proposed.

5 Grass Lovers:

ixoj said...

Congrats! And I heart that picture- you're exceedingly beautiful.

The Dennett's said...

That is a LOT of things...makes me want to be more productive. great post!

Deanna said...

Happy Anniversary you two!

Holly said...

Happy anniversary you guys! Your list is awesome, it shows you guys have staying power to have been through so much already!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

What a fabulous list! I love it. And alas, I love love my vacuum. Congratulations on spending more on a vacuum than you probably spend on groceries in a month! It will last a long time. Don't forget to clean the filter!