Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Let me convince you

You need to read these books.


The Hunger Games was an incredible, page turner of a read. At first I was little confused about what was going on, but that kept me going to learn more. I found myself delaying chores, ditching get together, and eating all three meals of the day while reading this book. I even attempted to watch a movie and read the book at the same time. Multitasking at it's finest.

The Hunger Games is about a country, Panem that rose from the destruction of North America. Panem is separated into 12 districts and is controlled by the Capitol. In order for the Capitol to remind the other districts that they are in control, they host The Hunger Games every year in which each district randomly selects and sends a boy and a girl to fight for their lives in an arena while the whole country watches. The winner is the last survivor.

I know it sounds insanely gruesome and barbarous; which it really is. I think what made me love it so much was the main characters. I instantly had a connection with them and I wanted them to survive. After finishing it I raved about it so much that the Mister caved in and read it too. He loved it just as much as I did and I loved analyzing it with him later on.

Catching Fire is the second book in the triliogy. I had a much harder time getting into this book, but it picked up pretty fast. Catching Fire is basically a set up for the final book. It goes into more details about the districts and the Capitol. I found myself gasping and saying things like "no freaking way" over and over the further along I got.

So here is the problem... Mockingjay, the final book in the trilogy is coming out on August 24 and I have already preordered a copy from Amazon. Both the Cute Boy and I are waiting patiently for it to come out. Let's see who can get their hands on it first!

If you have yet to read the series, now is definitely a perfect time!

2 Grass Lovers:

xcdenke said...

So glad you loved them. I too pre-ordered Mockingjay and can't wait. It will be a battle between me and Carrie when it arrives. We'll have to get together and discuss it soon!
-X

ixoj said...

I'm awaiting its arrival as well. I hope it lives up to my expectations!