Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Start

Our walls are blank. And white. And boring.

The Cute Boy and I have been talking about changing things up. I really have no idea where to start. A part of me wants to get rid of everything and just live in Anthropologie..I really love how it's decorated. So whimsical and care free. It makes me happy. 

Dear Blog World I wish that my apt could be magically transformed cause I am clueless when it comes to decorating.

I spend hours browsing Apartment Therapy and Etsy in hopes of finding some sort of inspiration.

What I do know is that I need to get rid of a lot of stuff. I think that once I have a clean slate and feel less cluttered that I might feel better about my apartment.

For the time being I would love to find a way to use these pieces in the grand scheme of decorating.

SUBWAY ART



JARS
Blue Mason Jars via Matt Laura Jones

The Chemist's Jar via Anthropologie


MIRRORS

 Burwood Hobnail Oval Mirror via Sweet Hart Vintage

Chunka Mirror via Turquoise Rollerser

LIGHTING
Jonsbo Egby via Ikea

Portage III via Lamp Goods

Basically I want  my  apartment to look like this apt. Or this one. Or this one

2 Grass Lovers:

Megan said...

hmmmm, come over and I'll show you what I've been doing to plan my new look (that may never get implemented) I think it works well.

abbybrossette said...

Layla, it looks like you like black, white and teal(using that color loosely because I cant think of the true color) IF you go to my Parade of home for UT county for 2010 there is a house on page 3 i think and they used black white and lime it starts with the crib and ends with the plate. I know it might not be exactly what you are looking for but I think if you went with the 3 colors it would look amazing and that way if you got tired you could always switch out the 'teal' for another color. Also if you look on my blog there is a link under the Crafts and Recipes called 'How about Orange' it has a lot of ideas/looks that the apartments you have linked.