Tuesday, May 04, 2010

The Wish

Around this time of year, the Mister always has the same question: "What do you want for your birthday?"

He asks the question already knowing what my heart's desire.

Every year I respond with the same answer: "a dog"

One night while we were watching TV, this commercial came on and the boy quickly turned off the TV. He told me that the commercial would only cause me to be more puppy hungry. I really am puppy hungry. Nuts over them.

Last night the hubs gave me a list of ideas for my birthday and had me rank them. Guess what, the dog made the list. I think my heart stopped for a couple of seconds. It finally made the list!  Oh dog parks here we come!


And then my heart sank. It was as if I finally would be able to get my wish and I didn't know if I wanted to make the leap anymore. Getting a dog is a huge responsibility and I am nervous that I'm not ready. Or maybe I am? AHH what shall I do?

Man I am so indecisive. Maybe I should just stick with the idea of getting a new dress.

* The picture of the yorkie was taken by the hubs at Stanford University. After looking at the photo I think I want a dog...and the crazy circle of thoughts begins!

2 Grass Lovers:

ixoj said...

Don't give in to the worry! You're totally ready for a dog! Do it!

Holli said...

I got a puppy 2 weeks ago and I think it was the biggest mistake I ever made. But I've got 2 little kids too. Good luck with your decision.