Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tulips! Oh My! Oh My!

Last Saturday the husband and I  along with some friends went up to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. Ever since I moved to Seattle, I have been waiting in anticipation to go to this lovely festival. I am crazy over tulips and was pretty sure seeing miles and miles of them would make me smile!
Once arriving, we were told that 90% of the tulips had already been harvested since the tulips came up two weeks early. Bummer.  Instead we had to pay $5 a person to go to some tourist area to see the 10% of the tulips that were yet to be harvest.  Even then, most of the fields were a sea of green instead of bright colors.


The best part about this particular farm that we went to, was that we were able to see quite a variety of tulips. They really were stunning, and I had no idea that there were so many different types of tulips.


Look at me being all sassy. I crack myself up.

I LOVE the great state of Washington! Especially the Seattle area. I'm so lucky to live here!

0 Grass Lovers: