Monday, April 12, 2010

Oh Traffic

City of Seattle, for the last month you have been sucking away my weekly paycheck. Today I got my 3rd traffic ticket in the mail! I get it that this third ticket was entirely my fault and that you have it all on camera and stuff. Look at you being all high tech.

I made a bad judgment call and ran a yellow light that turned red right as my front tires went through the intersection. HUMPH! Clearly my actions came back and bite me where it hurt. Did the fine really have to be as hefty as my speeding ticket?  I guess it's make up time for the last 10 years where I didn't have a single ticket. Not even a parking ticket.

Don't worry Seattle, I don't need a  parking ticket because I got to experience that joy a couple of Fridays back. All because I didn't want to pay $15 for parking and there were plenty of free spots on the curb. If only I had seen the zone parking only sign. DUH! That's why no one was parked there! You don't even want to know how much that ticket cost. Let's just say that was one expensive date.

I've learned my lesson Seattle. I will never take the Alaskan Way Viaduct because clearly I always miss the speed limit sign that tells me to slow down from 50 mph to 40 mph. I will never run a yellow light again, even if I feel like I clearly can make it. From now on I will take the bus downtown or fork over the $15 for parking. $15 is a whole lot cheaper than your usual parking ticket fee.

The worst part of this is having all my traffic faults come back and haunt me all in a months time. Traffic gods could you have  maybe been nicer and spaced them out a little?

You should have heard Brock when I called to tell him the bad news..."AGAIN?!" he chuckled back at me. At least he was a good sport about it. I love him for that.

I think I am going to take the bus from now on. Maybe bike to work, I could clearly lose 10 pounds by doing that. But first I am going to eat a pint of ice cream, lemon flavored to be exact. And watch the video of me running the red light over and over again just for the heck of it.

2 Grass Lovers:

Diana said...

THey send you a link to a video of it? That's awesome!

Lucy van Pelt said...

I think you need to share the video! We'd all get a kick out of watching that over and over. Patrick's new name for you is Lead-foot Layla. Just so you know. :O