Monday, April 05, 2010

A Happy Easter Weekend!

Brock and I spent Saturday morning at the farmer's market, one of my favorite Saturday activities. We bought organic produce and beautiful flowers for my dining room table. I'm currently in love with tulips and Arkansas Black apples.



That night we dyed eggs with awesome friends. I haven't dyed eggs in ages and I think it's going to become a tradition.We used tips from Sunset Magazine and Martha Stewart. Those awesome shapes were made using black electrical tape.

Easter morning we spent listening to the April 2010 LDS General Conference. My favorite talks were given by Pres. Uchtdorf in the Priesthood Session (giving the night before) and the Sunday Morning Session. I've learned that I need to have a little more patience and be less critical of others.

For Easter dinner we had the missionaries over. I made brisket for the first time ever (it was so delicious), creamy mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus ,deviled eggs and rolls.

For desert I made a carrot cake that combined a recipe that a friend sent to me along with Pioneer Woman's Sigrid's Carrot Cake.  I'm pretty sure I ate half of the pan. Oops!

I loved making Easter dinner this year and spending it with the missionaries.It was so much better than last year's black bean soup.

I always forget to take pictures of my dinner along with my dinner guests. Maybe next year I will remember.

1 Grass Lovers:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I just loved Easter this year! Isn't that Sigrid's cake the best? I love it. Some of her recipes I can't do - her baked asparagus is one, but that one turns out great every time.

I will definitely be listening to Uchtdorf's talk as soon as I get home!