Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Top 10 Reasons Why I Haven't Blogged

10. I spent two solid weeks preparing and planning my first Relief Society meeting as the second counselor.

9. I practically spent the majority of my days in thrift stores and goodwill finding awesome deals to get my craft on.  Pictures to come to show the awesomeness (is that even a word?)

8. I was released from my calling as the second counselor and for a short time felt like Conan O'Brien.

7. I got called to be the secretary to a new Relief Society president. It's one heck of a busy calling. I love it!

6. I started training for a 5k. Running a 5k is no real problem for me, I just want a better time.

5. I started my sewing class and I literally sew every other night for it. Sewing has been more difficult than I thought it would be. The good news is that I am almost done with my bag.

4. There are awesome shows on T.V. right now.

3. I got a freaking awesome job. It's part time and doesn't pay much but it is perfect for me. It's literally exactly what I have been looking for and I love it!

2. A week after I started my freakin' awesome job, our renter decided it was time for them to move out of our awesome home. After much thought and prayer we decided to put it back on the renters market for these two main reasons: (a) I would have to quit my freakin' awesome job. There is no possible way that I would drive an hour each way for a part time job. Both Brock and I feel that this job is a great opportunity for me to learn and grow. (b) We are stuck in a contract at our apt until the first of May. So basically we are going to put it up for rent and if no one rents it by April, we are moving back in. Finding renters is hard work, and after our current renters leave we will spend a good amount of time fixing up our house/yard for the new tenants. I hate owning a home :/

And FINALLY for the number one reason that I haven't blogged in over a month:

1. One of my goals for this year is to spend less time on the internet and more time with Brock and friends. So far so good. I've spent less time on Facebook and mindless internet browsing and more time exploring our lovely state of Washington.

6 Grass Lovers:

Wesley Thomas said...

i like this :) i like that you're happy and making the most of now. good for you :) much love from everyone here in England! x

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Intense!!!

I am always so jealous of people who can just run a 5K. I so can't. But I worked out twice this week in hopes of getting to that point!

Diana said...

I've missed your blogging, but SOOOO much happier that you could fulfill that goal. It's a hard feat!

ixoj said...

I miss your blogging....but especially I miss you!

What exactly are you doing for your new job?

Megan said...

Oh yes, do tell, what is your new job?
Also, I hope you do find renters SOON because I want you stay in our ward! (Where is your house anyway?)
And last, I love thrift store shopping. If you ever want a companion, I'm all for it as long as you don't mind a kind of naughty munchkin as a tag-along.

kristina said...

Make a comment, receive a comment. Hehe. I love your reference to feeling like Conan. It all worked out! You're back in the group! Yay! P.S. Thanks for checking out my photos. :)