Friday, October 02, 2009

The Value of Life

Have you ever known someone that you cared about to have suffered from a terminal illness? It's a very painful experience to sit back and hope and pray because that is all that you can do.



A friend of mine is currently in that very situation. A dear friend of hers is dying of leukemia, literally has weeks to live. If she receives a bone marrow transplant, her survival rate will increase up to 60%.

The problem is that she is an international student and has no insurance. She can't afford the $350,000 surgery that will most likely save her life. But with your help her survival rate could change.

Read her incredible story, spread the word, and please donate whatever you can. You can be a hero and give a young lady the bright future that she always dreamed of.

3 Grass Lovers:

Diana said...

What amazes me is that there are soooo many people in this exact situation. I don't know if you saw that a month back or so I posted a similar story about someone on my Facebook page. The Internet is a powerful tool to spread the word though, and I believe many people have a natural tendency to want to help, spare a little here and there.

I wonder how your mindset changes when you're in a circumstance like this

ixoj said...

Thanks for posting this, Layla! You're the best!

Laura said...

Stories like this break my heart...and make me incredibly angry since it doesn't have to be this way. This is why I support a public option. Thanks for sharing.