Saturday, May 30, 2009

When I Grow Up I Want to be an Old Woman

Last weekend I watched Young @ Heart. It is seriously one of the most brilliant documentaries I have yet to see. For two main reasons : 1. It has old people. I really love old people. 2.They sing rock songs from our generation. Like Sonic Youth and Coldplay.

There are parts that will make you laugh historically; like when an old lady sings at the top of her lungs I Feel Good and times when it will tug at your heart so much that you find yourself crying like a baby.

It made me excited to become an old woman. I'm hoping for some attitude and lungs that can make me sing the hip new song so loud that it will bring smiles to faces. For reals.

5 Grass Lovers:

Sharon Beesley said...

old people have been so grouchy to me this week. i need to watch this movie because at this time i think old people stink.

Diana said...

Layla--I do not doubt that you will be an AWESOME old woman

Strawberry Girl said...

Sounds cool!! I sorta like old people too. :D

Myrna said...

Just the title of this post sucked me right in--I had to read it! I have always loved old people!pueepop

Holli said...

I love old people cause they've got that attitude of I've done it all and that's why I am the way I am. I wanna be like that one day.