Monday, November 17, 2008

The Coolest Gal in Provo


That would be Kelly. Kelly is um A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I meet her in my Arabic 101 class at BYU. I didn't know very many people when I moved to Provo and I was scoping out people that I could recruit to be my pals. The minute I saw Kelly across my Arabic 101 class I knew I wanted her to be my friend. I remember thinking how smart and classy she was. I had to find a way to make her my friend. I know pathetic.

I was so excited the first time I talked to her. She even offered me a ride home. From that minute on we were good friends. We studies together, took almost all of our Arabic classes together,she went wedding dress shopping with me and she even came to my wedding. She became one of my best friends. A friendship I know will last for a life time.

Kelly also does really awesome things like volunteering to build houses in Guatemala or lives a whole summer in Italy. She loves the world around her and is eager to explore it. She knows how to think outside of the box and also live outside the box. Oh and she is one fashionable lady. Every time I see her she is ridiculously cute and she makes me want to dress cute like her.

I think one of my favorite things about Kelly is that she is somewhat of a feminist who loves to bake. Pretty dang awesome right?

Thanks Kelly for being that friend I needed when I first moved to Utah! You were exactly what I prayed for before I moved. Believe me, I was terrified and because of you I began to enjoy my time in Provo!

1 Grass Lovers:

ixoj said...

Oh, Layla, thanks!! You're really too nice to me! :)