Sunday, November 02, 2008

Brock A. Judkins



One night Brock and I sat across from each other at one of the handful of restaurants in Foster City. We were discussing the usual; politics, family, exercise (the lack of it), and important principles that we wanted to teach our family.

As we were leaving, Brock said to me, "Aren't you glad we married each other, who knows what would have happened if we married someone with complete opposite views." We are so much alike and so different. We both took the color personality test and guess what folks, we are both whites!

It's true. I'm beyond happy that I have married someone that loves me regardless of my crazy ideas and stubborn ways. I'm thankful that I married someone that helps me strive to become the best person I can be and encourages me to pursue my goals.

For example, when I wanted to lose weight, he gave up some of his favorite foods so he could support me on my weight lose quest. And recently, when I told him I wanted to try out being a vegetarian, he declared he would do it too. I never asked him, he made the choice to do it himself.

Whenever we first started dating, I had issues with trust. Especially trusting the opposite sex. It took time, and he worked hard to gain my trust. I can say that my dear husband is the only man in my life that has never betrayed my trust. He is sincere and loyal and has a pure heart.

I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to meet him when I was 14 years old. The minute I meet him I was intrigued and wanted to know more about him. Over time I had a crush and never thought I would have the opportunity to date him. I wrote once in my journal right after he left for his mission how fond I was of him and how I hoped that we would at least go on one date. Little did I know that I would meet him at the alter three years later and marry him for all time and eternity.

I'm thankful that I married a man with all the qualities that I desired in a husband and much more! I know that no one else out there could make me feel so complete.

1 Grass Lovers:

Diana said...

Aww. I love Brock too.

Did you know I met Richard when I was 14? Your timeline sounds like mine. I met him, was intrigued, had a crush, then..married him, living happily ever after.

You two are too cute.