Saturday, January 26, 2008

All About the Judkins


What's his name?
Brock Aaron Judkins

What’s her name?
Layla Mahmoud Al-Jamal Judkins


How long have you been together?

We dated for eight months and have been married for 3 and a half years.

How old is he?
25

How old is she?
23

Who eats more?
Brock hands down.


Who said I love you first?
Brock did. And I responded with "that is nice". A week later I fessed up.

Who is taller?
Brock by almost a foot!

Who sings better?
Brock is a singer and is an amazing guitar player. I on the other hand have no musical talent

Who is smarter?
Brock...he is a genius.

Whose temper is worse?
Layla...I'm Arab, I can't help it.


Who does the laundry?

Brock washes the clothes. He has done so since the beginning of the marriage.

Who does the dishes?
We both do the dishes.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Brock does. The first time we slept in our new house I slept on the right side and next day we both decided that we needed to switch spots.

Who pays the bills?
Brock does it all. He is doing awesome at being the bread winner.

Who mows the lawn?
Brock mows our very tiny lawn.

Who cooks dinner?
I do the cooking but Brock is beginning to experiment in the kitchen.


Who drives when you are together?

Always Brock, I still need to master the hills of Seattle with a stick shift car.

Who is more stubborn?
Layla...Once again I'm Arab and I'm a Taurus.

Who is the first to admit their wrong?
Brock... He has a gentle soul and can't bear being mad at.

Whose parents do you see the most?
Layla's since her mom lives in Utah.

Who kissed whom first?
Brock was very brave and kissed me on the first date.

Who asked whom out?
Brock did. He found out that I was coming home for Christmas and was dying to see me. He had just got home from his mission a month earlier.

Who has more friends?
Brock is a bit shy but has a very close net of friends. I, on the other hand am a social butterfly...

Who is more sensitive?
Brock has a gentle soul but I cry more.

Who wears the pants in the family?
Flora does!

Where did you meet?
We meet at a stake dance when we were 16 and 14.


What was the first thing you said to your husband?

Hi I'm Layla.

Where was your first kiss?
On Centenary College campus in Shreveport, LA.

Did you have a long or short courtship/engagement?
We dated for 8 months and were engaged for 6 weeks.

Where did you get engaged?
We got engaged at Provo canyon park. I was being really stubborn and didn't want to go out that night. I was expecting him to propose at some point, but that night he caught me off guard.

Where were you married?

Manti Temple, Utah

What do you do now?
Brock graduated from BYU in computer science and I graduated in Middle Eastern Studies/Arabic. We moved to the wonderful Seattle and bought a cute house. Brock is now a computer software engineer at Amazon.com. I also work at Amazon but my job is not as cool as Brock's!

6 Grass Lovers:

Arielle said...

It's funny you said your cat rules the house because I feel the same way. She is way too cuddly and literally walks all over us. In fact, I just pushed her off the computer. Cats suck. That's exciting you live in Seattle, I've been once or twice and I loved it. Thanks for finally updating your blog. I check it all the time and I was getting bored of your callings!

Teresa said...

Cute! I love it. I learn more about you all the time.

Brock said...

Aw how sweet :) That dinner looks pretty good.

Endless Days and Northern Nights said...

Yay! You guys are cute! I didn't know Brock was musical. Was he in a band or anything?

Anonymous said...

Wow. I liked that. Your page looks awesome too, by the way. I can't believe you were only engaged 6 weeks!?! You must've done some planning within those 8 months of dating. SEE YOU IN A MONTH + some.

Livi said...

I LOVE your wedding pic!