Friday, April 20, 2007

Sami makes history

Today I witnessed the most amazing thing that has ever happened to my family. I stood there in a crowded room, heart racing, and hands sweating, watching my little brother open the most important envelope of his life...HIS MISSION CALL. The first person in my family to serve a mission. Drum roll ladies and gentleman... Dear Elder Sami Mahmoud Al-Jamal you have been called to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in LONDON, ENGLAND you are to report to the Preston, England MTC on August 8,2007. Falling to his knees and excitement and cheering takes over the room. He turns to me hugs me and we jump up in down like we won the lottery or something. I was thrilled. I was jealous. I was grateful.

1 Grass Lovers:

Marc Jorgensen said...

Cool blog Layla, opening mission calls is such a special and unique experience.