Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Random Facts

Back in January (I KNOW!!!) the most lovely Brooklyn from Hoot Knows nominated me for the Liebster Award.  There are three parts to this award. The first part asks for me to share eleven facts about myself; the second part asks me to answer questions provided by Brooklyn that are listed below; and for the third part I am supposed to nominate eleven people who have blogs that match a certain criteria.  

so here we go...

Part 1:

11 Facts. 


  • I have a fear of velvet. It makes me cringe like nothing else. I can't tolerate it. If I am even around it, I feel like I am suffocating. For this reason I do not like peaches.
  • I am a concert junkie. I love love love music. Especially live music. 
  • I would rather travel the world than have material possessions. 
  • I am my biggest enemy. I have often been described as extremely confident, but in reality, I am not. 
  • I teach Sunday School to little kids. I love every minute of it. I'm not even kidding folks. Before teaching Sunday School to little kids, I never really liked being around children.
  • I am fascinated with birth. It scares the living heck out of me.
  • If you ever need to borrow a tube of red lipstick, I am your girl. I counted ten tubes the other day.
  • I love sushi. 
  • Owls have a special place in my heart. I loved them before they became super trendy. Like back in 2006.  
  • I recently took a DNA test that revealed to me that I am 25% Italian. I've always described myself as half Middle Eastern. In reality, I am only 8% Middle Eastern. 
  • Florence, Italy is my favorite place in the whole world. I died and went to heaven the first time I visited. It is magical beyond description. 


Part 2:
Brooklyn's Questions

1. What is your favorite bible verse? 
Joshua 1:9 
2. How did you meet your spouse?
I met my spouse at a church dance when I was 14. He had just moved to LA from California and I was instantly drawn to him.
3. What is something cool about your job?
I travel the country to meet with clients. If you know me well, you know how much I love to travel. 
4. What is your favorite dessert? Please share the recipe.
I don't have a specific favorite dessert, but I do love this pumpkin pie as of late. 
5. What is the best advice you would give to a couple just getting married?
Don't talk bad about each other to others. 
6. Where is your favorite place to travel?
I went to Italy this past summer and I fell madly in love with it. It will always hold a special place in my heart. 
7. What made you decide to live in your current city?
We moved to Seattle because of my husband's job. I can't imagine living any where else. The rain does so much for my soul. 
8. Describe your personal style in one word.
Eclectic
9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
My favorite childhood memory were the summers that I spent with my cousins. My dad comes from a large family and the summers were always filled with fun times. 
10. What is a past-time that you love?
I love going to concerts and listening to music. I'm a serious concert junkie. 
11. If you could meet one person, who would it be?
This is a hard one. I wish that I had the opportunity to have meet both of my grandfathers. I have heard nothing but respect and praise about both of them.  

Part 3: 
My questions. Think about them. answer them. 

Questions:

  1. If you could be anything, what would you be?
  2. What is your favorite book? Why?
  3. What chore do you hate doing the most? 
  4. If you could choose anyone to be your mentor who would it be? Why?
  5. Name one song that best describes your life right now. 
  6. If you could wake up tomorrow anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
  7. What is your favorite meal?
  8. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing that you would do? 
  9. Do you have a celebrity crush? If so, who? 
  10. What is the best gift that was given to you? 
  11. If you could go to any moment in time, what would it be? Why? 





1 Grass Lovers:

Lucy van Pelt said...

Awesome post! I love that you're enjoying teaching primary. It pretty much rocks.