Monday, June 18, 2012

A new season


Yesterday, I was released from being a Seminary teacher and was called to be in the Primary Presidency. Yesterday the life that I have known for the last two years has closed. It was something that I have prayed for for awhile. I was exhausted. My body, spirit, and soul were breaking down. I needed to recover. On my last day of teaching and as I stood to be released, I was overcome with emotion. I cried alot. But the Lord knows me, he knows my needs and I have been so blessed. Seminary has rocked my world on so many different levels. I have pretty much lived and breathed Seminary.

What will I do with all my extra time?

 I'm excited to see what happens with my future.

This past week there have been so many things that have come up that have allowed me to seriously think about my future. CB and I have talked about it extensively and I am excited for all the different possibilities. A family? School? School in a different state?

CB is the best partner to have along on this ride. When I mentioned school he mentioned applying to a program that I felt fit for, even if it was out of state. "Oh Layla, I can go wherever! Let's go to NYC!" 

Yup. I am so damn lucky.

4 Grass Lovers:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Yes you are!

Congrats on the change, too! Just thinking about two years of teaching seminary wears me out!

Diana said...

I have a feeling all this extra time will be replaced by sleep.

Megan said...

I like Diana's idea. I'm so happy you were able to have such a wonderful experience, and equally happy for you that it's time for a rest. I can't wait to hear about where you'll go next!

Unknown said...

I'm sure you weren't the only one overcome by emotion when you were released! The students love you. I'm glad you get a break, though. It's well-deserved! (And your hubby is a rockstar. There is truly nothing like having the perfect partner to support you in life!)